+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Lost my Outlook.pst file please help!!!

This is a discussion on Lost my Outlook.pst file please help!!! within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; hi ****, Yesterday i was cleaning out the rubbish from my PC, as it was getting a bit slow. along ...

youngbull is offline Junior Member

Default Lost my Outlook.pst file please help!!!

hi ****,

Yesterday i was cleaning out the rubbish from my PC, as it was getting a bit slow. along the way i deleted an old user account folder from Documents and settings on my C drive.

Later that day i went to check my emails only to find my PST file was missing. at which point i remembered it was in the old user folder. i started looking for software to recover this file. The file is about 1GB and has lots of info that i need.

I came across Recover my files 3.54 and downloaded it and brought the CD-key as it said it can find PST files. i having now paid for the software and run it the only PST if its finding is 1MB and contains nothing in it.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Please tell me that i've not just Wasted 40 on a piece of software that wont recover my file.

Please please someone help me
    Last edited by youngbull; 06-05-2005 at 06:47 AM.

youngbull is offline Junior Member

hi there,

I've ran another scan last night this time including the Phycail disks as well as the drives. it was still scanning this morning when i left for work. but still not found the file.

Am i doing some thing wrong, i've got it set to only scan for PST file formats. but its not picking up the file that got deleted.

If this doesn't work what do i do? As i only brought this software because it said it could recover this file. Can i get a refund?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default PST Recovery

The PST file is very large, ie. greater than 1gb. That means the deleted files is very suseptible to being partially overwritten once it is deleted. If the file is partially overwritten then it may not be able to be recovered.

The idea of Recover My Files is to run the search to see if you can find your file prior to making the purchase. Please send an email to support@getdata.com and ask for a refund.

We are currently working on technology to scan a disk and detect individual deleted messages (not just deleted PST files) but it will still be a few months until it is ready.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

habeeb4dell is offline Junior Member

Default outlook.pst error

Hi,
    You can try this solution ,it worked for my customer ,

copy C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\identities\40123....\microsoft\outlook\outloo k.pst to C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

This should take care of the issue.

atifmanzoor is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Lost PST File

Hi,

I need some serious help. Yesterday, while my laptop was rubbing microsoft office outlook, I tried to hold it from one corner (where the hard disk lies) and it suddenly gave me a blue screen and tuend off.

Now when I restarted, the PST file was gone !

I tried all the searches, than downloaded the tial versio of Recover My files, but no use. The only pst file it recovers is the one currently being used and its empty.

Please help me out.

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Please download Recover My Files from www.recovermyfiles.com.

Run a "Compelete File Search" and search the "physical drive". Search only for .pst files.

Let me know the results of this search.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Zeno is offline Junior Member

Default Similar Lost .pst

I also lost a large .pst file.

I recently had a major windows crash, and had to completely reinstall. I thought I backed everything up off the drive before re-imaging the drive from a Norton Ghost image (the image has WinXP with SP2 and Office).

I ran a test to look for the .pst file, but it only returned 2 results for .pst, and both only showed 2k.

My question is, "Is there anyway to recover even a portion of that .pst file?" I have about 1 year worth of work emails that may be lost.

Thanks so much for your help.

GDH

Default Data Recovery

What you are essentiall asking for is to scan an entire drive and search for individual deleted Outlook messages.

We have developed the technology to do this, however we are still at least 6 months from making it a commercially available product.

The only option I could provide you would be to take an image of your drive (an exact copy) and send it to us. We may then be able to get some mail back as we continue to develop the future product.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Zeno is offline Junior Member

Default Question

If I send you a ghost image of my drive, how long would it take to get the emails you can recover back?

GDH

Default Data Recovery

It would take more than a ghost image. We would send you forensic software which would take a sector by sector copy of your drive. It is a time and resource intensive process - with no guarantee that we could get mail back for you in the short term.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast