+ Reply to Thread

Recover Overwritten Pictures on SD Card

This is a discussion on Recover Overwritten Pictures on SD Card within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I deleted some pictures from an SD Card to make space because I thought I had copied them already. Now ...

webmanik is offline Junior Member

Default Recover Overwritten Pictures on SD Card

I deleted some pictures from an SD Card to make space because I thought I had copied them already. Now my camera just restarted the series of filenames from where I had deleted. Therefore, the original files were overwritten.

These files are showing up in the Demo Version, but it says "Overwritten" in the recovery column. Also, the thumbnail says, preview is not available. Can RecoverMyFiles successfuly recover these. Also, if the preview is not available, could that mean that the data is corrupt ?

One more question: These files were also overwritten on my hard drive. But they are not showing up in the file search.

Any suggestions ?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

If the files have been overwritten with new data then they have been lost. If this has not happened, then you should be able to get them back.

Please try the following:

1. Download Recover My Files from http://www.recovermyfiles.com. Run Recover My Files and click "Manually Set Options" in the first wizard window.

2. In the ADVANCED tab change the search level to "sector" and make sure there is a tick in "allow searching of physical drives".

3. Click OK and in the drive selection window select and search the "physical drive" - you should be able to tell which one it is by the size of the drive. Click NEXT.

4. In the file type selection list, select the relevant file types and then start the search.

Look in the results screen under "File View" for your files. They will not have their original names in this search, so click to preview their content. If they cannot be previewed then they cannot be recovered.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

Thank you.
    Last edited by GDH; 04-02-2007 at 02:54 AM.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread