+ Reply to Thread

where is the C:/lost files folder?

This is a discussion on where is the C:/lost files folder? within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; When I do a complete search, it produces a few thousand files (jpg's) that have (presumably) been recovered. The report ...

bob roberts is offline Junior Member

Default where is the C:/lost files folder?

When I do a complete search, it produces a few thousand files (jpg's) that have (presumably) been recovered.
    The report says that the location of these files are at "c/:lost files
    but I do not have such a folder.
    I am running a test using bcwipe to see if I can permanently delete files so completely that "recover my files" is unable to find them.
    This works quite well except for the "lost files" folder, and, strangely, it seems to uncover a load of thubnails generated by Google Image searches. I have searched the hard drive and cannot find where (if at all) Google stores these thumbnails.

Does anyone know where the c:/lost files folder is, and also the Google News thumbnail folder?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Recovering Deleted Files - BCWipe Test

When you run Recover My Files in the resutls screen you may see a "C:\Lost Files" folder in the "File View" results screen which contains files that the program has found.

The name "Lost Files" is created by Recover My Files. It means that Recover My Files has found the files, but it could not determine the original folder from which the file was deleted.

Switch to "Folder View" in the Results Screen to determine exactly what of the original folder structure could be recovered.

Using Recover My Files is a good way to test the ability of a wiping program to actually wipe files (many do not do what they claim). If you want to use a good one, try this: http://www.wipemyfiles.com, or if you want to totally wipe a hard drive, try http://www.wipemydrive.com.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread