+ Reply to Thread

Can't access folder view.

This is a discussion on Can't access folder view. within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; After scanning the whole HDD for 2 days, it finally ended. Now I have one problem, when I click the ...

japongt is offline Junior Member

Default Can't access folder view.

After scanning the whole HDD for 2 days, it finally ended. Now I have one problem, when I click the "Folder View" tab, there's nothing there so I can't see the folder I'm looking for even though I can see the thousands of files found in "Files Type View". Help?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Even the longest search with Recover My Files should not take more than 24 hours to run.

How was your data lost?
    What specific types of files are you trying to recover?
    Did you run a Complete File Search?
    Are you able to preview the files shown in "File View"?
    If you use the filter button, are you able to find the files that you are looking for in "File View"?

You should save anything of relevance from "File View" and if you let me know the ansers to these questions I will tell you the best way to get your full file and folder structure back (if it is possible).

Thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

japongt is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GDH View Post
    Even the longest search with Recover My Files should not take more than 24 hours to run.

How was your data lost?
    Trying to recover some files from an accidental System Recovery.

What specific types of files are you trying to recover?
    Default files.

Did you run a Complete File Search?
    No, complete format HDD.

Are you able to preview the files shown in "File View"?
    Yes.

If you use the filter button, are you able to find the files that you are looking for in "File View"?
    Yes.

You should save anything of relevance from "File View" and if you let me know the ansers to these questions I will tell you the best way to get your full file and folder structure back (if it is possible).

Thank you.
    Read the bolded.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

If you have run a "Complete Format Recover" and still see nothing in Folder View of the results screen, then it means that the Master File Table which holds all the file names has been destroyed.

Your only option will be to save the current search results and save and rename the files.

You can run a further "Complete File Search" for specific file types to target recover of files that you have not yet found.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread