+ Reply to Thread

Recover unallocated Hard drive

This is a discussion on Recover unallocated Hard drive within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I have two HD's ... First one is an 150gb HD, where I keep my Vista OS, and the 2nd ...

Bati is offline Junior Member

Default Recover unallocated Hard drive

I have two HD's ... First one is an 150gb HD, where I keep my Vista OS, and the 2nd is a 40gb HD, where I used to keep all my private files, photos, programs, ISO, Mp3m, AVI, etc files.
    Now, I by mistake turned my entire 40gb NTFS HD to an unallocated HD, I haven't formatted the HD, I repeat I did not format this drive yet, and I'm not thinking in formatting this HD. Now what is the best step to recover all my info in this 40 gb HD ?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Download Recover My Files from www.recovermyfiles.com, or use this link: http://download.getdata.com/RecoverMyFiles-Setup.exe

The first thing to try is a "Fast Format Recover" search. In the drive selection window, select and search the "physical drive" (you will be able to tell which one it is by the listed size).

If a Fast Format Recover does not work, next try a "Complete Format Recover". Again, run it on the physical hard drive, and in the file type selection window, use only the default selected file types.

At the end of the search in "Folder View" of the results screen you should see all your files with their full file and folder structure. Click on the files to preview their content, and if you like what you see then you can purchase a key to save your files.

Please note that Recover My Files is data recovery software, not drive repair software. It will find your missing files so that you can save them to another drive. It will not however repair your hard drive. Once you happy that you have saved all your important files off the drive, then you can proceed to format it and copy everything back.

Good luck.
    Last edited by GDH; 02-17-2008 at 09:29 PM.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Bati is offline Junior Member

Default Recovermyfiles works wonderful

Thank you GDH for the instructions. I only needed to follow the fisrt step "Fast Format Recover", and I was able to recover all my data, from pictures, videos, Mp3's, to ISO's ... all my files work 100% ... I'm happy I own my recovermyfiles software. Great product.. Thnx

+ Reply to Thread