+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Does this software work?

This is a discussion on Does this software work? within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I accidently reformatted my hard drive. I replaced it with a new hard drive and then added the old drive ...

Fox 2/3 is offline Junior Member

Default Does this software work?

I accidently reformatted my hard drive. I replaced it with a new hard drive and then added the old drive to another bay so I could access it. When I run the file recovery software I come up with tons of files but how can I be sure they can be recovered for $70.00? I don't recognize any of the files (I want most of all to recover my music files). I made a pdf file of the record of files it found. Can someone tell from looking at that if my files are recoverable? Thanks.

Fox

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Click on the files in the Recover My Files search results window. If you can preview the files in the program preview window, then the data is there and they can be saved once a product activation key has been purchased and entered into the program.

Thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Default preview

Some of the preview data is too large to view. I sent my pdf file to someone there but they have not responded as yet. Thanks.

GDH

Default Data Recovery

If you can preview some of the files then it means that you data is being found and successfully recovered. You should not have any problems.

There is no sign of the PDF - where exactly did you send it?
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Default sent email with pdf attached

This info was in the email I received

Ticket ID: XXC-186061
    Subject: file recovery
    Department: General Enquiries
    Priority: Low

Default Can I purchase the key while I am recovering?

Can I purchase the key to this software while I am recovering the files?

admin is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Yes - but it means opening web pages etc.

If you you are recovering from your C: drive you may choose to use another PC to purchase because the more you use Windows the more data that it will write to the disk and may overwrite some yet to be recovered files.

Also, if you have an older computer, RMF is resource intensive so your web browser will be much more responsive after you finish the search.

I am recovering from another drive (D and it appears I will be quite successful. At least I can see that 1000's of files are recognized when before I couldn't see anything.

Default Time elapsed ...

This software has been running for 27 hrs. It is nearly done (maybe about 4 more hours or so). My question is, that is a long time for my drives to be spinning. Will this burn out bearings, moving parts, etc.??? I have heard of some people running for much longer. Is there any danger of burning out drives??

GDH

Default Data Recovery

You hard drive is designed to run continuously for thousands of hours. Running this data recovery is no risk to your hard drive (unless of course the hard drive has physical errors to begin with).
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast