+ Reply to Thread

music files help!

This is a discussion on music files help! within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi, yesterday I deleted my entire itunes library - which was all music, no video, the vast majority in aac ...

jwallace is offline Junior Member

Default music files help!

Hi,

yesterday I deleted my entire itunes library - which was all music, no video, the vast majority in aac format. I immediately downloaded recovermyfiles. After doing a comprehensive search, I came up with only a handful of mp3 files, and a whole lot of mp4s (which is what that the aac's came up as). They were all listed as having a 'very good' chance of recovery.

After saving all of these files on my external hard drive, I have discovered that the mp4s won't work in either quicktime or itunes.

What can I do??? Is there a way of making these files playable? Should I try a different type of saving? Or do I need to invest in another recovery program to see if it will do a better job?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jacob

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Exactly how were the files lost? Did you delete a music folder and then empty the recycle bin?

What type of search did you try? Did you run a "Complete File Search" of the drive letter?
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

jwallace is offline Junior Member

FYI, I had deleted my entire itunes library, as I thought it had been saved in two places on my drive...I was wrong. Before I deleted, I got a dialogue box saying the files would not go to recycle bin, as the whole lot was too large. I clicked OK (stupid), and then the fun began.

Having read the last post in this thread Lost video files, I followed the instructions to do a fast format recover. All of the files came up in the structure they were originally in, and after saving, worked perfectly. I've not a clue why it worked this way, and not the other, but am very grateful.

Cheers,
    J

+ Reply to Thread