+ Reply to Thread

Found 14,000 plus .jpg files but can't preview

This is a discussion on Found 14,000 plus .jpg files but can't preview within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi, I'm currently using the trial version of Recover My Files. I don't know what happened to my laptop but ...

tidzman is offline Junior Member

Default Found 14,000 plus .jpg files but can't preview

Hi,

I'm currently using the trial version of Recover My Files.

I don't know what happened to my laptop but a few days ago Windows (Vista) just won't start-up. It goes to self-repair mode but it says that it cannot fix itself.

Hence, my first move was to try to recover my files. I have my SATA hard disk in an external enclosure and attached it to another laptop. I tried using the "Complete Format Recover" and at first I was excited since it found so many files:
    468 Excel Files
    7410 Jpeg Files
    7628 Jpeg Digital Camera Files
    579 PDF Files
    167 Photoshop Files
    22 Powerpoint Files
    223 Microsoft Word Files

The search hasn't ended yet. It has taken almost 7 hours (my hard drive is 160 GB).

I tried previewing the files that I have recovered but it seems that so many of them are corrupt.

Around how much of the files found could I restore?

Also, do I have to wait for the Search process to finish before I start saving files?

According to the progress bar it just passed half way and the time elapsed is already 6:52:07. Do I have to wait for this to finish before saving/copying the recovered files?

Thanks.

tidzman is offline Junior Member

Default Also...

Also, is there any way that I can get a discount on the price of your software? I plan to get it with the upgrade guarantee option but US$75 is quite off-budget. Hope you can help.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

You should see a value in the progress window: "OS Items Found = xxx". In your situation, this is the important number because it means that the program has found the Master File Table which contains the operating system record for all of your files.

If the OS Items number has stopped increasing (which is well and truly should have by now) you can stop the search and let the search results rebuild. You should find your full file and folder structure in "Folder View" of the results screen.

If you send me an email I will try and find you a discount coupon.

Thanks
    Last edited by GDH; 06-28-2008 at 08:41 PM.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread