+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

all files recovered are corrupt.

This is a discussion on all files recovered are corrupt. within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; hi, i have formatted my laptop with out saving my files and i need some of them back. my photos ...

saraalavi is offline Junior Member

Unhappy all files recovered are corrupt.

hi,
    i have formatted my laptop with out saving my files and i need some of them back. my photos and all. i have re installed windows vista on my laptop , i had the same windows on it before,
    i followed all your instructions posted. all the files i want are recovered but i can not preview any of them and it says: file corrupt when i click on any of the files to preview in the search box. i need my files back real bad; please tell me what i should do. as i even cant preview a single file.
    if this does not work do i have any other options to recover my files?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

It sounds a bit odd.

As at test, do the followng:

Run Recover My Files, and perform a "Complete File Search" on the "physical drive" for the default selected file types. Whilst the search is in progress, click on the files found to see if they will preview in the search results screen. Can you preview any?
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

no i cant view them. i can see the jpeg files that are recovered in the search engine and all but when i click on it for preview it says file corrupt . and it says that for all my jpeg files. the program finds all the files with the right size and name but i cant preview them in the program or open them even after saving the files in another hard drive. what is wrong?

i can preview some but the ones i can preview are not my own files they are for example a picture from a website i visited once or the profile picture of a facebook friend . i guess some data that gets stored in the laptop itsslef. but i cant view any pictures from my own camera that i had saved on my laptop. big sized jpeg files and my own files are all corrupt. even my mp3 files and audio files are corrupt.

sacp is offline Junior Member

perhaps you had your documents incriptded ?

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

It sounds a bit strange. On the top right hand corner of this page, click on the "Live Support" button and then ask for me - I will see if I can help you via live chat.

Thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

seoulite is offline Junior Member

Default I have the same problem..

Hi,

I am using "Recover My Photos" software. I succesfully recovered my pictures from a formatted CF card.. I was able to recover every single photo, excellent..

Now I'm trying to recover an old failed hdd (40GB, IDE). I connected the hdd as an external USB drive. Under "my computer" (I have a laptop with VISTA Home Premium) the drive shows as an empty disk (0 size, 0 available).

I first tried a deep scan but gave up after 16 hours. After reading some of the replies in this forum, I re-scanned in "Complete Scan" mode (in Fast Scan, my disk does not show up as a physical drive).

Many picture files showed up in the search results, but the only ones I could preview are (just like the previous poster) the system jpeg files that are remnants of web surf etc. Other jpeg files don't have a preview and when I save them to a different location, I can't view them in any program.. Actually I can see some of the files, but those files that have no preview (corrupted file) do not open in any software. Is it possible to recover those thru deep scan?

Were you able to find a solution during live chat with the previous poster?

Thanks..
    Last edited by seoulite; 10-20-2008 at 05:40 AM.

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

It sounds like something may be screwed up with your PC correctly recognizing the drive. Right click on "My Computer" and select "Manage > Disk Management". In the bottom section of the screen, does it show up as "Disk 1"? What are the properties of this drive?

Download and try Recover My Files from Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files. Run a Complete Format Recover on the physical drive for the default selected file types. What results does this search give you?
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

seoulite is offline Junior Member

Hi,
    It shows as Disk 2, with two partitions (F: and H: ).

I tried complete format recover, 10000000 sectors at a time and was able to recover most of the files. Still working on it. When i tried to search the entire disk, the search was freezing at some point, I guess that maybe due to a physical error in the disk and maybe thats why files were showing up as corrupt..

Interesting thing is, a file that is corrupt (or shows only half the picture) comes back healthy when found in another sector..

Anyway, looks like I'll be able to recover most of my files, which is the most important thing.

This software is worth its ****** in gold and your responsive online help is highly appreciated. I am a very happy customer.

Thanks,
    Last edited by seoulite; 10-21-2008 at 07:25 AM.

duckyyep is offline Junior Member

Unhappy

Hi
    I too have had my pc reformatted due to a spyware or virus issue, the pc guy has given me my pc back with Recover My Files on it, so I am desperately trying to get back all my photos the were regrettably not backed up! So I am running the search of C drive and most photos other than ones recently viewed on the net are saying CORRUPT FILE CANNOT PREVIEW.

Is there anyway to uncorrupt these ? or even view ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast