+ Reply to Thread

Incredimail Data

This is a discussion on Incredimail Data within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I accidently deleted my incredimail and lost all data. I ran "recover my FIles" found my contacts and emails, I ...

marwat@shaw.ca is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Incredimail Data

I accidently deleted my incredimail and lost all data. I ran "recover my FIles" found my contacts and emails, I managed to get the contacts back into the programme to read, but I cannot get my actual emails back up. I have them currently in a folder on the desktop

Can anyone tell me where they need to be located for Incredimail to access them

Desperate !!!

Thanks...Marples

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Incredi mail data folder

Hi,

Your default Incredi mail data folder is usually stored under your profile:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Logon Name (usually your name) where you should see "Local Settings" (but this is a hidden folder so you will need to display hidden folders) and then an Incridimail folder.

If you don't find it, there is another way to identify your default IncrediMail Data Folder

* Launch the registry editor by pressing Windows-R and typing "regedit" followed by Enter.
    * Travel down the registry path to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\*Software\*IncrediMail.
    * Look for the ApplicationPath key and double-click to open it.
    * Press Ctrl-C to copy the path.
    * Press Esc to close the dialog (making sure you don't change the value) and close the registry editor.
    * Press Windows-R.
    * Hit Ctrl-V to paste the path to your IncrediMail data folder, followed by Enter.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

I found the default mail folder, but the emails I lost aren't in there, or wont copy back up into Incredimail. The only copy of them that I can see is the one I got from retreiving them with "recover my Files"and placing them in a new folder on the desktop. How do I get them from the desk top back into incredimail. When I use Incredimail to find them, it doesnt, even though the file extension is Incredimails. ?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default data recovery

Have you tried copying the recovered files into the incredimail default folder and then restarting incredimail?
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

I copied the files into a copy of the incredimail folder placed on the desktop, then tied to import them. I pasted the emails into a subfolder called "Message Store". This didn't work, I got a jumble of garbage instead of the message. Anymore ideas??

+ Reply to Thread