+ Reply to Thread

Recover My Files v4 - Saving Data Recovery Results

This is a discussion on Recover My Files v4 - Saving Data Recovery Results within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Recover My Files v4 FAQ | Main Help Index Saving Files When you have completed a search with Recover My ...

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Recover My Files v4 - Saving Data Recovery Results

Saving Files

When you have completed a search with Recover My Files v4 and have found and can preview your missing files in the search results window, select files to be saved by:
    • select individual files to save by placing a selection tick in the box next to them;
    • select entire folders by placing a tick next to the folder (all files in the folder will then also be selected);
    • select groups of files by holding down the SHIFT key, (or the CTRL key), highlight the files with your mouse, then press the SPACE bar to turn the selection ticks on (or off).
    The bottom bar of the search results screen shows the number of files selected and the storage space needed to save the files.

Once the files have been selected, press the Save Files button on the main program tool bar. You will then be prompted for a location to save the files.

You MUST save the files to another drive (it is not possible to save to the same drive as this could overwrite and destroy the deleted files). This can be a another drive letter, another physical drive, a network drive, or other media. To save directly to a CD or DVD, press the down arrow next to the "Save Files" and select the CD/DVD burning option.

Once the files have been saved, use Windows to open them normally to ensure that they save process has been successful.
    Last edited by GDH; 08-30-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Change a JPEG file to have the file extension .txt

Now open the file in notepad. What do you see? If it is blank, the file has been saved with no data.

Try some different files and let me know the result.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

hariks0 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy The files are corrupted.

My recovered files are corrupt and unreadable. They were previewed perfectly in the recovery screen but are invalid image or junk text files after saving to F:\recovered.

Kindly assist.

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

If they preview in the results screen, they they should save without any problems. Please send 3 saved files to us at support@getdata.com, or click on the blue live support button in the top right hand corner of this page so that I can chat with you.

Thank you
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

hariks0 is offline Junior Member

Cool Solved.

Thank you so much for your online support via chat. For those who face the same issue:
    • I stopped and saved the search once the filesystem records became stagnant.
    • Closed the RMF window
    • Powed off the external HDD
    • Waited 30 seconds
    • Powered on the HDD
    • Started RMF and loaded the saved search
    • Selected the required files and saved

The problem earlier was that the external HDD went sleeping after a certain period of time as per the default windows power saving settings. Once we power off and power on the HDD the program can access the files and restore.

+ Reply to Thread