+ Reply to Thread

corrupt external hardrive

This is a discussion on corrupt external hardrive within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; hi all, i came across this forum on my desperate search for a solution to my brothers faulty external hardrive, ...

mrjunes is offline Junior Member

Default corrupt external hardrive

hi all, i came across this forum on my desperate search for a solution to my brothers faulty external hardrive, he accidentaly dropped it, now when its connected to a pc it just says that it needs formatting but he has all his photos on it. i suspect the hardrive is now faulty is there away to still recover the data or is it no good. any hlp would be really gratefully received. many thanks jon.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

If it says that it requires formatting, it is actually a positive sign. It suggests that the drive is still working correctly (i.e. spinning) and that you computer detects it when it is connected.

What does it say in Windows device manager? If there are no physical problems, and the computer can see it, then you should be able to get all the data back by following the instructions in this post:

Recover a Formatted Drive with Recover My Files v4
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

mrjunes is offline Junior Member

Default data stick

hi, i have run the software and it has found the required data, can i load this software directly onto a usb data stick without installing it on to a pc, after buying the required licence key to use on others pc,s so if i wanted to find deleted info on another pc/laptop i could just excute the software directly from the usb stick. many thanks.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

To do what you describe you need a 'Data Recovery Technician' license of Recover My Files where the activation key is provided to you on a hardware dongle so you can move the license from one machine to the next.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread