+ Reply to Thread

Help

This is a discussion on Help within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hey ****, I need some advice. I have windows vista and it won't load, everytime i start my laptop it ...

Patel8200 is offline Junior Member

Default Help

Hey ****,

I need some advice. I have windows vista and it won't load, everytime i start my laptop it says "loading files" then it goes to start-up repair and eventually says it can't repair anything. I've tried to using a restore point but there are none, and i've tried everything else, and it looks like my only available option is to do a system recovery which will restore it to factory condition.

The system rescovery gives you the option of saving your files but whenever I try to it says there isn't enough space on my flashdrive...when there's absolutley nothing on it and i only want to save word documents.

I heard about "Recover My Files"...if I do this system recovery will I be able to recover my lost data using this program? Thanks alot.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Don't do a system recovery as it could make getting your data back more difficult.

You should take the drive to another computer and plug it in as the secondary drive. The easiest way to do this would be to put it in a usb case. If you don't have the tools or skills - this is a very straight forward job for any PC repair shop and I would expect you would get charged less than $50.

Once you have the drive plugged in as a secondary, then you should just be able to copy all the data off using Windows. If for some reason Windows does not see the drive, then you can scan it with Recover My Files to get the data back and save it to the other PC.

Once you have a copy of all your important files, then you can put the drive back into the PC and try the restore with your windows CDs.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Patel8200 is offline Junior Member

Thanks so much. I'll try that!

gk11 is offline Junior Member

You could try pressing F8 immediatly after the bios screen ends, i usualy just start tapping it immediatly on boot and select safe mode,

see if windows load up, at least to allow you to backup your files,

If you did another install of vista (disc required) doesn't work with a recovery partition,

You could do a new install but dont format, vista would keep all data from previous install, drivers etc,

Once setup and files copied to a safe location, you can remove the windows.old folder by running diskcleanup on os drive (default is c,
    check revious Windows installation(s) check box, and click clean up.

access disk cleanup by click start and n search type disk cleanup.

+ Reply to Thread