+ Reply to Thread

Accidental deletion of volume on hard drive

This is a discussion on Accidental deletion of volume on hard drive within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; A friend of mine was showing me how to repartition my drive and in the process actually did delete my ...

lexar is offline Junior Member

Default Accidental deletion of volume on hard drive

A friend of mine was showing me how to repartition my drive and in the process actually did delete my data drive. He was in Disk Manager/Storage in the control panel. Is there any way to rebuild the boot sector to make this drive come back as it was? Ho can I save this drive? I had weddings, family photos, family video, business documents, and more. Needless to say I'll be purchasing an external drive and making very regular backups from now on.

Thanks

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

There are some programs which are designed to fix a problem hard drive like this.

However, be very careful!. When you try and fix a drive, you are writing new data to it. That means that if the software that you find and use does not actually fix the problem (and you will have no way of knowing until you try it) then you have a very good chance that it will make the problem worse and make the data subsequently more difficult to recover.

In your situation, I would first run data recovery software, such as Recover My Files, to get the data off the drive and onto another disk. Once you have a safe copy of your data, then you can try more aggressive tools to fix the drive.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread