+ Reply to Thread

at wits end......

This is a discussion on at wits end...... within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I have scanned a crashed and corrupted notebook hard drive a couple of times now. My problem is that when ...

cannonfeet is offline Junior Member

Default at wits end......

I have scanned a crashed and corrupted notebook hard drive a couple of times now. My problem is that when the scan completes many file types show multiples of the same file. So when I select them all to save it says 56TB!!!!!!! from a 3/4 full 250gb notebook drive. I bought a 1TB to back this up and I cant figure out how to make this work. HELP!!!

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

If the file system is corrupt you may have a few files that are reporting the wrong size. Use the File Type tab of the results screen and sort the files by size (click on the size column heading) and then deselect from saving the ones that have the obviously wrong file size.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Thanks for your response. I am a little confused because some of the files have all the same names and size and they are repeated 6 or 7 times. My last recovery I just went through and checked the first one of each and it was way more manageable(50gb) but none of my JPEGs worked, only a handful of my MP3s worked and everything else partially worked. Just not sure if I did something wrong by just checking 1 and not all of the duplicate files for recovery because like I said if I check them all it is way too big to recover. Uggghhh.

Oh and none of the sizes are obviously wrong to me. I really dont know what a standard JPEG and a standard MP3 are sized at.......

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Please use the Live Support button in the top right hand corner of this page so that I can chat with you and try and help.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread