+ Reply to Thread

Access Violation Error

This is a discussion on Access Violation Error within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I am using the trial version 4.6.6(884) and I keep getting a Access Violation Error when the program is looking ...

kstruck is offline Junior Member

Default Access Violation Error

I am using the trial version 4.6.6(884) and I keep getting a Access Violation Error when the program is looking for files. I am running Vista on this particular machine and it is a RAID array. I installed the program on the drive that I was having a problem with and then uninstalled it and put it on a non-raid drive that is working fine. I ran it as an Admin and not as a admin.

Any thoughts?

The problem with the drive is baffling me as well. The entire folder structure is visible and accessible but not one file is in those folders.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi

You can try this debug version:

http://download.getdata.com/beta/Rec...)-debug.en.exe

It may solve your problem, but if not, it should give you a detailed report that you can email to us.

It sounds like the file system is very corrupt. I suggest you try a "Recover Drive" search on the physical disk in atuomated mode. Please let us know how it goes.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Still get the error with the debug version. Where do I find the detailed error report?

baldy672 is offline Junior Member

Default Same problem

I have a Windows XP system running the same version (but paid) and after 36 hours of looking at a 300GB disk, the software said it was happy. When I selected file types to save, each file type reported an Access Violation and a read error. Despite that, the program stayed running, so I told it to save. I then got an Access Violation and a write error. I had to bail. I did download the debug version and I'll try that too.

I have an open support ticket on the subject also.

baldy672 is offline Junior Member

Default Maybe this will help?

I just had a very lovely exchange with tech support, and they suggested watching the video on the home page which explains how to scan a whole drive. In essence, you let it run through the first scan, but after it finds what it wants in the second scan (the file count gets pretty large and stops growing), you stop the search and proceed with saving. In my case, I was able to start the Save process in less than an hour where waiting for the search to finish took 2 days! It's saving files now and nary an Access Violation in sight. Perhaps the program hurts itself search through 650,000,000 blocks of data? (this a pretty badly trashed 300GB drive).

Whatever fixed it, stopping the search and moving ahead was not only faster but also appears to have fixed my Out Of Memory and Access Violation problems.

And I really must say that even if the product can't restore my files, the tech support is impressive.

Anyone tell me where to find this detailed report?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

If the debug version catches the error, it will pop up a debug report on-screen, you cant miss it.

If you still have the problem and don't get the debug report, please come to Get Data Back: Data Recovery, Email Recovery and File Repair Software and click on the blue live support button so that I can chat with you and try and help you.

thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread