+ Reply to Thread

recovered files are corrupt

This is a discussion on recovered files are corrupt within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I'm trying to recover the only versions I have of some Excel files, and they all open up as corrupt. ...

Nardar is offline Junior Member

Default recovered files are corrupt

I'm trying to recover the only versions I have of some Excel files, and they all open up as corrupt. Any words of wisdom about how to repair them?

They were deleted from my flash drive - no formatting involved.
    Last edited by Nardar; 09-21-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: additional infomration

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Can you send the files to support@getdata.com so that we can take a look at the structure to see if they can be repaired?
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

mummau687 is offline Junior Member

I am having the same problems... accept all my files are corrupt. jpegs, excell, zip.. ect...

I was able to view the files in the program itself, but after I saved them onto another hard drive they are all corrupt! Now as I tried to search for the files again on the original hard drive, it says there is no media available. Im so confused and stressed. please help. thank you

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

It sounds like after you have finished the first search your drive has subsequently fallen asleep and/or disconnected.

If you still have the search results screen open save your current search listing to a file. To do this, in the top text menu of the main program screen select "Recover > Save Search". This will save the search results into a file with the extension .rsv. You must save this file to another drive.

Now close Recover My Files and disconnect the drive (its probably a USB drive?) from your computer. Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect the drive. You should hear the drive power up, the lights flash and Windows should give you an indication that a new device has been connected.

Now run Recover My Files. Close down the first wizard window and then go to the top menu of the program and select "Recover > Load Search", select your saved .rsv file and reload the search results.

You should now be able to expand the search results (click on the + signs to expand the folders) and click on individual files to preview them in the search results window.

Now that your drive is awake and Recover My Files can preview the files in the search results screen, you should be able to save them without any problem. Save a small batch of JPEG files and test that they open OK.

You can also address the power issue by checking the drive power settings in the Windows Control Panel > Power Options > and make sure that the hard drives are set to "Never" power down.

Some USB drives have their own power settings. You can right click on the USB icon in the system tray and explorer the options for your your USB settings. However, each USB device is different and often such options can be difficult to locate and set.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

ennyjames is offline Junior Member

Default Fix Hard Drive

Download Repair MyWord; download links can be found at the top and bottom of the page.

2) Once you have downloaded the software, open Repair MyWord by clicking on the downloaded file. Again, this requires no installation. After opening the software, you should see a window that looks like the following:

3) At this point you are ready to begin repairing your corrupted file. Click “Repair/Open” and select the file you wish to repair. It appears to only allow you to open .doc files even though it shows all files in the directories.

4) Once you have opened the file you wish to repair, it should appear in the blank part of the window. You will not be able to edit the file’s contents at this point. However, to repair it click “Save”. This will save the file as rich-text format (.rtf).

+ Reply to Thread