+ Reply to Thread

Invalid image.

This is a discussion on Invalid image. within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I had successfully recovered many types of files from a corrupted HDD and the previews were perfect in Recovermyfiles interface. ...

hariks0 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Invalid image.

I had successfully recovered many types of files from a corrupted HDD and the previews were perfect in Recovermyfiles interface. All images, Excel files, text files etc were previewed, but the recovered files are not readable after saving. Picasa says 'Invalid image' the excel files contain only junk characters.

Somebody help please. It is really drivin me mad as preview was complete and normal.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

If they can be previewed then they should be saved ok. Please send some sample files to support@getdata.com or click on the blue live support button in the top right hand corner of this page so that I can chat with you.

thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

hariks0 is offline Junior Member

Default Solved.

Thank you so much for your online support via chat. For those who face the same issue:
    I stopped and saved the search once the filesystem records became stagnant.
    Closed the RMF window
    Powed off the external HDD
    Waited 30 seconds
    Powered on the HDD
    Started RMF and loaded the saved search
    Selected the required files and saved

The problem earlier was that the external HDD went sleeping after a certain period of time as per the default windows power saving settings. Once we power off and power on the HDD the program can access the files and restore.

+ Reply to Thread