+ Reply to Thread

"FileVersion is later then the current version"

This is a discussion on "FileVersion is later then the current version" within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Heelo, I have downloaded your software to scan a "lost" hard disk; the scan took all night, after that I ...

vindalooman is offline Junior Member

Default "FileVersion is later then the current version"

Heelo,
    I have downloaded your software to scan a "lost" hard disk;
    the scan took all night, after that I previewed some files and the result looked good... I saved the search and go to work.
    Tonight I have bought the licence code, activated the software and tried to load the (big) list and get the exception "FileVersion is later then the current version"

What can I do to fix it?

Btw, I have found the list in csv format, while the software only allows to load rsv files, so I renamed it... could it be this the problem? If so, how to have the software loading csv files?

Sw version 4.6.6(884), registered
    OS Windows 7 Home Premium 32bits

Please don't tell me I have to scan again the disk for another night

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Saving as a CSV file just means that you are saving a list of file names in the search results screen. This feature was added because law enforcement agencies kept asking for a printout of file names that they could take to court.

If you want to save the search results and then reload them at a later time, then in the top text menu of the program you need to select "Recover > Save Search" and save the search results to an rsv file. Then to load it, "Recover > Load Search".

So yes, it looks like you need to run the search again.

However, if you are trying to recover a formatted, RAW or corrupt drive, first have a look at the video and instructions on this page: Step by step guide and video to recovering data from a problem drive - it talks about stopping the search once the filesystem records number has gone up to a high number and then remains stable. This could cut down your search time to just a few hours.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread