+ Reply to Thread

Unallocated to Quick Format- Recovery Problem

This is a discussion on Unallocated to Quick Format- Recovery Problem within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I have a 2tb External Hard Drive WD My Book. I let an technician check my external, he said that ...

justin777 is offline Junior Member

Default Unallocated to Quick Format- Recovery Problem

I have a 2tb External Hard Drive WD My Book.
    I let an technician check my external, he said that my HDD Enclosure must be replaced with a new one so I bought one and let him changed it for me but when we put it in the computer he said my External Hard Drive has a bad sector maybe because of my last HDD enclosure. He told me the files are corrupted and I must reformat it. I explained to him that the files are very important so he did gave me a program called file scavenger, Tried but fail. I look up in the internet and tried using Recover my Files, Test Disk and wondershare Recovery with no avail.

A friend of mine told me I must Quick Format it to access the data, so I do what he says and told me to use Recuva to recover my files.
    I waited for 30 hours and saw the results and look at this

and

I told him it has very important files, now i cant even contact him, I need a good solution, I dindt put anything on the External yet but I dont know what to do. Those files recovered from Recuva I didnt know they exist Please help. This forum is my only hope now and I have faith in you all

justin777 is offline Junior Member

this are the pictures i think it got deleted in my original post

http://sadpanda.us/images/254432-199U1SL.jpg

http://sadpanda.us/images/254440-29JWD73.jpg

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Hi,

Try Recover My Files again.

Run a "Recover Drive" search on the "Hard Disk" in automated mode. Watch the video on this page and you will get an idea of how the search works:

Step by step guide and video to recovering data from a problem drive

Note in the video the ability to stop the search are the "Filesystem records" number go up to a high number and remains stable. You should be able to get your files back within a few hours.

What are the results of the search?
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

ava_11 is offline Junior Member

Default Recover files after quick format

Hi,

You can perform quick format recovery and get back those deleted files using any of the good recovery software.

You can download and try demo version of the Remo Recover(Windows) product

+ Reply to Thread