+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recover my HP Simplesave 320gb HD

This is a discussion on Recover my HP Simplesave 320gb HD within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; [[ heres the link where i was discussing this, Re: Regarding hp simplesave 320gb hard drive - HP Support Forum ...

DeiDoDei is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Recover my HP Simplesave 320gb HD

[[ heres the link where i was discussing this, Re: Regarding hp simplesave 320gb hard drive - HP Support Forum ]]
    I need to recover 100% all my files off that HD, i saved about 25 gb worth on it, And if you paste that url you'll see what best buy and geeksquad have been telling me about my HD.

PLEASE HELP!!! I NEED MY DATA BACK!!!!

Edit:
    12/ 4 / 12:28 am.
    I just got my HD back from best buy, (the people who were gonna fix it had sent it back to best buy, i just picked it up today.)
    Can someone give me the steps what to do when i try the RMF download? like what do i click and stuff? and what type of recovery do i run?
    please help!!! (you'll have to look at that link to see my hard drive's issue.)
    Last edited by DeiDoDei; 12-03-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Update

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default data recovery

Hi,

If the drive is physically ok then you can try running data recovery software.

Please watch the video on this page to learn how to recover your files with Recover My Files:

Recover a Formatted Drive with Recover My Files v4
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Agh, I was told my HD isn't really physically good... I was told first that something was out of place; no big deal, $150 to fix it; then best buy sends it to some lab, and they just say $1,600 is what the cost is now, my HD has a motor issue...
    Seriously? ...I WOULD pay 1600, but i dont have it...
    This is honestly...B.S ... I havent even had this thing for a year.
    Well, i run RMF on it, and its been 17 hours...and 0 files found, 0 filesystem records found. Its still scanning blocks as i speak. The last log update i got on the recovery was from 4:46 am this morning. I've stayed up ALL NIGHT to see if this'll work...So far, no luck. Honestly. I don't know what to do about my hard drive, Where will somebody recover(or at least try) my data?? What to do?

Heres photos of what my recovery looks like :\
    http://oi55.tinypic.com/24eqqvs.jpg - the recovery in general.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/dma64x.jpg - my event log.
    then i had to cancel the search, I have no idea why, so i restarted my search, and heres the log now,
    http://oi55.tinypic.com/wkoioi.jpg

So what to do? ?
    Last edited by DeiDoDei; 12-04-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Adding photos

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Your results show that Recover My Files is not able to read your drive.

Are you able to see the drive in Windows Drive Management? (right click on My Computer > Manage > Disk Management). If so, what is the status?

If your drive has a physical problem, then you have no option but a hardware data recovery service.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

In disk management, my drive is read as Disk 1
    it says unknown, 2047.35 gb,
    Not initialized ..Unallocated.

My drive is not 2047 gb. its 320 gb ..
    heres a photo of my disk management. (disk 1 is the hp simplesave.)
    http://oi51.tinypic.com/2ldyg4l.jpg

And when I click "Initialize" it says "Media is write protected." so...

And the hardware data recovery thing, I've already done that. I sent it to best buy, they tell me it'll be $150 to fix it. my hard drive is only minorly damaged.
    Then they, with my permission, sent it to a recovery lab. in which about 4 days after, the recovery lab called me and said "we'll call you back to confirm that you want the drive to be recovered..." and so they call back, they quote me the price. The price is no longer 150, its 1600!!! I don't have 1600!
    Last edited by DeiDoDei; 12-05-2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: explaining

GDH

Default Data Recovery

The fact that it says not initialized and you are unable to initialize it indicates that you have a hardware problem. Your only option is a hardware data recovery service.

One of the first things they try is to replace the drive circuit board with an absolutely identical board. You may consider trying this.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

O__O? Holy crap! then my data won't be on there, if they replace the circuit board, Right?! And where do i contact for that process?! Not sure if if matters...but, I have 25gb worth of data on this drive!! i need it all, So would my data still be exactly there if i agree with the circuit board replacing?
    please let me know!

GDH

Default Data Recovery

There is no guarantee that the circuit board is the problem. It is one of the first and easiest steps in hardware data recovery and is something that you may consider doing yourself.

If it does not work, the more difficult steps require a clean room, years of experience, and nerves of steel.

If you really want this data back, the I suggest you send it to a hardware recovery service and part with the cash.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Yeah...well, I never said money is an issue, its just i really dont have 1600, trust me, if i did, I'd rather spend 1600 on my data rather than pay for food, Honestly. But I also have no idea where a "hardware recovery service" is...And may consider doing "myself"? what do you mean? this is something i can do at home?
    And as i've said, I have sent it to a clean lab, like you said if the circuit board isnt the problem, "the more difficult steps require a clean room, years of experience, and nerves of steel." my drive already had to be in a clean room. They said it has a motor issue. And again, I do not have $1,600, but if i did, I'd spend it on my data in a fleeting heartbeat.

GDH

Default Data Recovery

If the dignosis of a motor issue is correct, then the only way you are going to get the data off this drive is to send it to a hardware data recovery service. You may like to shop around - you will find a bunch of service providers if you put in "hardware data recovery service" in google, including such companies as Ontrack Data Recovery.

However, realistically I would not expect that you would be able to find a service provide who would charge less than $1500 - and if you do, then the risk is that they would screw it up and you would end up with no data and a hard drive that is in lots of pieces.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast