+ Reply to Thread

Does this mean I cannot recover my files

This is a discussion on Does this mean I cannot recover my files within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I ran Recover My Files to try to recover a hard drive that was accidentally formatted. After the initial scan ...

bcrawfordil is offline Junior Member

Question Does this mean I cannot recover my files

I ran Recover My Files to try to recover a hard drive that was accidentally formatted. After the initial scan I get a number of folders that are listed as MFT # 5134 (or some other number). Does this mean that the software will not be able to rebuild my file structure so I can recover this drive? Also, I keep getting this error message "Windows was unable to save all the data for the file F:\$MFT. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere." The biggest concern is that F is the drive I'm trying to recover. I have not selected any place to save the data because I have not purchased the license yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default data recovery

Hi,

It would be best if you could click on the live support button in the top right hand corner of this page and start a chat and ask for me. Then we can work out exactly what is happening on your drive.

Thanks
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread