+ Reply to Thread

Recovering ISO Image files

This is a discussion on Recovering ISO Image files within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi, I have been using recovermyfiles for about a week now to try to recover files off of two hard ...

John Gerard is offline Junior Member

Default Recovering ISO Image files

Hi,
    I have been using recovermyfiles for about a week now to try to recover files off of two hard drives. The one I am working on at the moment is a WD carivar Green 500 GB drive. I have found and recovered successfully some photoshop psd files and Jpeg files so far. I find that the recover individual files option works better than recover my whole HDD option. I tried recover my Hdd option first and it found psd files but the files would not open is photoshop. It finds but will not recover quite a few files. It even showed jpeg preview of the files but would not save them. Only when I tried the recover individual file option was I able to recover the files. Right now I recovered files from the WD drive connect to a Dell Zino HD pc running Windows 7 64bit Home Preimum. To my internal C drive. Everything ok at this point. I then connected a WD 640GB carvivar Black drive formatted on a Dell 490 pc described later, still everything is ok. I then tried to drag a 35GB folded to the WD Black drive and everything locks up or grinds to a halt. I don't understand why this would happen. Any suggestions?
    Are there differences in versions of Windows7? I just installed Windows7 on another older Dell Precision 490. This is a retail upgrade copy of Windows7 Home Preimum 64bit. Could I have installed or not setup something on the Dell 490? In Windows7 on the Dell 490 the only option under Disk Manager is to format the drive as MBT or gtp something like that. I don't remember the exact names. On the Dell the original OS was Windows XP 32bit. All drives were working before the upgrade. In WinXP I always format my backup drive as an extended partition non primary partition. It seems that Windows7 does not have this option any more.
    Now to recovering ISO files. Using Recover my complete drive option I was able to get ISO files off the Drive that showed the correct file names and correct file size. I did not check to see if anything is located in the files, yet. I will check if I can find the files. I may have deleted them already. Using the option recover individual files I found under lost files several, 16 or so ISO files that show 32kbits for the file size. I tried creating a DVD of both files only the 32kbit one copied without errors. But as you would expect it looks like nothing is on the disk at least my DVD play could not play it even though Roxio Sonic recorded something to the disk without errors.
    Any Suggestions on how I can recover these files? And why the recover my whole Hdd option does not seem to work as well as recover individual files. I think this program should just skip any bad files/sectors on the disk and flag them and move on, if this is the problem.

Thanks,
    John Gerard

John Gerard is offline Junior Member

Default windows7 USB Problem!!

I found out my locking up problem. I have a Logitec HD USB web cam and after I unplugged it and a USB Microsoft bluetooth adapter everything is working great no problems so far copying the files. It looks like Windows7 has a real problem with USB. I did do some research and a lot of people including myself are having problems getting external USB drives to recognize under Windows7. And thoughts? I don't know if this is how my drive got wrecked but the WD Green drive was in a USB only case when I first connected it to Windows7 after the upgrade and this is when I started having problems. I did not have any problems with my other external drives probably because these were connected via eSATA not USB 2.0. Even under WinXP. I have a sketch pad and it works but I un-connect it when I don't use it for the same reason. I know that connecting to many devices can start to have problems under USB. So the idea of connecting 128 devices to USB is very unrealistic.

John Gerard

+ Reply to Thread