+ Reply to Thread

HDD recovered..but some files are 0 bytes

This is a discussion on HDD recovered..but some files are 0 bytes within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I recently had my HDD recovered, all of my folders (except for system folders and programs) are present. However, some ...

dpgraphics is offline Junior Member

Unhappy HDD recovered..but some files are 0 bytes

I recently had my HDD recovered, all of my folders (except for system folders and programs) are present. However, some of the files (jpegs, psd, ai, docx, etc) are showing "0 bytes" and wont open.

The tech that recovered my drive is telling me that he cannot recover anything else. Is there anything I can do?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Did the recovery tech write the recovered data back to your original drive? If so, the contents of the drive have now changed and the possibility of any further data recovery has diminished.

If he gave you a second drive drive with your recovered data on it, then download Recover My Files and run a scan on your problem drive.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

dpgraphics is offline Junior Member

He installed a new HDD and he now has the old damaged one trying again to recover more data since i practically had to beg him to try again

+ Reply to Thread