+ Reply to Thread

How do i recover a 3GP file I deleted 2-3 years ago?

This is a discussion on How do i recover a 3GP file I deleted 2-3 years ago? within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I deleted a 3GP file 2 or 3 years ago from my hard drive and I want to retrieve it, ...

photo_wed is offline Junior Member

Default How do i recover a 3GP file I deleted from my hard drive 2-3 years ago?

I deleted a 3GP file 2 or 3 years ago from my hard drive and I want to retrieve it, but I think I have formatted my computer also with a fresh installation of windows though...? Does Norton Ghost 15 works? I've tried some free programs and trial programs but they are limited into how deep the program can dig into my hard drive. Anyone know a good program that definitely works before I drop some real cash onto it?

Thanks, all for your advices.
    Last edited by photo_wed; 12-22-2010 at 12:06 PM.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Deleted data will stay on a drive up until such time until it is overwritten with new data. Once that happens, the original file is destroyed.

So it is not a matter of how long ago you deleted it, but how much you have used that drive since you deleted it. If the drive has been in constant use, then it is most likely that the deleted file is now destroyed.

However, you wont really know until you run a search, so download Recover My Files from Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files and give it a try in evaluation mode. If you find the files, then you can purchase a key and save them.

Good luck.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread