+ Reply to Thread

Recovery Speed

This is a discussion on Recovery Speed within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi FIRST OFF I should've named this thread "Saving speed" as the program recovered my files fairly quicker than expected ...

Kitsune is offline Junior Member

Default Recovery Speed

Hi

FIRST OFF I should've named this thread "Saving speed" as the program recovered my files fairly quicker than expected and they are never a problem to load up and look through.

I am having some difficulty with certain files.
    The first batch of files I decided to save was my music collection and it managed 60GB overnight fine no hassle.
    Now I am trying to recover 700GB of video files... the first file is 500MB (.mkv) large and after 9hours only 225MB has been saved. I know it is being saved because I can access the drive in question being used as a back up and the file size changes when I check it to suggest it is steadily being saved. Now I already tried to save this 700GB and it managed a 600MB file along with about 2GB of other data overnight (i.e. in the same amount of time it is now taking to save 225MB!!), all MKV extensions. Unfortunately, our power was lost so the recovery was interrupted and so I started again but I am encountering this issue. My hard drives are not falling asleep so that is not the issue.

What is it that makes certain files save so slowly? Any tips to work around this? How are we supposed to recognise the corrupt files from non corrupt? I am VERY worried that my 700GB is going to take me months to recover.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Kitsune; 12-31-2010 at 01:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread