+ Reply to Thread

Prog Keeps Freeznig.?

This is a discussion on Prog Keeps Freeznig.? within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Let me start by saying a big HELLO! this is my first Thread (Chuckles) Ok ****, ive got a XPS ...

quadcore64 is offline Junior Member

Talking Prog Keeps Freeznig.?

Let me start by saying a big HELLO! this is my first Thread (Chuckles)

Ok ****, ive got a XPS desktop but both of my graphic cards died within a week of each other and over xmas period (not good lol) meaning im using a older pc, so ive got a 1TB external HDD that was accidently formatted (By the wife) a few weeks ago,

the pc i am using has a single core proccessor AMD 64 (2.2ghz) ive tried to recover the files on my external HDD but everytime i do it freezes after so many hours? the first time it froze it was after 9 hours then the second time was just now which is 04:06am ive had to leave it on overnight and ive come downstairs to check it and it had been using 100% of the pc's CPU so it had frooze? the pc is running on W7 (32 bit) with 4 gig of RAM so i belive it should be ok.?

The Prog is diong its job cause its been finding the files, they are most of them there but its not finished scanning...& freezes in the proccess.?

Has anyone got any suggestions PLEASE? ive got all my son's photos and my familes vids/photos too on the drive...

Thanks so much

QC
    Last edited by quadcore64; 01-12-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: title messed up its late lol i couldnt change it.?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default data recovery

Hi,

Hard to say why it is freezing - may be a bad sector on the disk. Does it seem to happen in the same spot?

Read these instructions and watch the video. In a format recovery once the filesystem records are found - usually less than 2 hours into the search - it should not be necessary to continue over the entire drive and you should still get all your data back.

Recover a Formatted Drive with Recover My Files v4

When you stop the search, note down the block number that the search is up to, as you can use the OPTIONS > ADVANCED settings to start a new search from that same location.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

quadcore64 is offline Junior Member

Thankyou Graham
    That was very kind of you to reply so soon!
    Yeah the program freezes at differant times in the scan.? ive scanned the HDD 5 times and each time it does the same but at differant times?
    i'm just about to have a cuppa then il look at the Video on the URL u left, do u think i should uninstall/reinstall.?

thank you once again

QC

+ Reply to Thread