+ Reply to Thread

Cannot recover files off of unallocated drive

This is a discussion on Cannot recover files off of unallocated drive within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I have 2.5" Seagate 320gb laptop HD that crashed. It was partitioned into a C and D drive. I now ...

vector is offline Junior Member

Default Cannot recover files off of unallocated drive

I have 2.5" Seagate 320gb laptop HD that crashed. It was partitioned into a C and D drive. I now have it in an external USB connected to my desktop computer. I can see the drive in Windows Disk Manager however it comes up you must initialize disk. When I try to initialze I get a I/O device error.
    Recover my files sees the drive and runs through a recover drive session that takes about 12 hours. I can hear the drive working, no unusual clicking or anything. However it does not find any files but does get about 3% unreadable blocks.

attached is a screenshot of the error log.

any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannot recover files off of unallocated drive-recover-log.jpg  

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

It does not sound like your PC can correctly communicate with the disk. Sending it to a hardware data recovery service may be your only option.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread