+ Reply to Thread

Can't find files anymore.

This is a discussion on Can't find files anymore. within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; So Im recovering files off of a friends hard drive that ran Check Disk on its own durring a bootup ...

Sdannenberg3 is offline Junior Member

Default Can't find files anymore.

So Im recovering files off of a friends hard drive that ran Check Disk on its own durring a bootup one time (on his comp, screwed it up), and now I cant recover the files. I put his hdd in my comp and downloaded Recover My and found all the files he needed. I then had my computer get a virus before I could buy the full version. I put aother hdd in my computer and installed a fresh copy of windows 7. Bought the program, and scanned the original drive I was trying to back up again but this time it finds about 1/4 the files I could see before. Would a new instillation of windows effect this?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

It is a bit hard to tell the exact situation here. Was any new data written to the problem drive?

If the problem drive has had new data written to it - e.g. the virus got its hands on it some how - then yes, the search results will change.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread