+ Reply to Thread

Playback recovered files

This is a discussion on Playback recovered files within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I had some recordings (.amr) which were deleted from my cell phone memory card. These were recovered using recover my ...

Tommydads is offline Junior Member

Default Playback recovered files

I had some recordings (.amr) which were deleted from my cell phone memory card. These were recovered using recover my files professional edition and saved to a disc as VLC media files. I am using the latest version of VLC however I cannot access/play these files even though they are recovered showing their original sizes. Can anyone assist me please as these files are very important to me.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Change the file extension to .txt and open them in notepad. Do you see an AMR header at the top of the file? (you can do this to a file that you know is a valid AMR file and compare the difference).
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Tommydads is offline Junior Member

Thanks GDH. I tried that but all I see is gibberish. Dont see anything about amr and there is a big difference between that file and a genuine amr file. I am still stuck and would appreciate any further suggestions.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

OK, try the following....

Make sure you are using the latest version of Recover My Files from http://download.getdata.com/RecoverMyFiles-Setup.exe

Run Recover My Files, close the wizard, and click on the OPTIONS button. In the ADVANCED tab put a tick in the box for "Run a lost file search only" and "search over the entire drive.....".

Now run a new search and select "Recover Drive". Click next.

In the drive selection window, select the "hard disk" (not the drive letter). Click next.

In the file type selection window, select and search for just .amr files.

Look in both Folder and File Type view for your missing amr files. Make sure you check out any file found called a "Lost File".
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

mdk
    mdk is offline Junior Member

THANKS! FINALLY I FOUND MY AMR FILES!, but now i need the license key to be able to save them. Is there any other way to get them with out it??

kate is offline Administrator

The only way to save the recovered files is to purchase the software. You will then receive a license key to unlock the software.
    http://www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread