+ Reply to Thread

Problem with saving files (long post)

This is a discussion on Problem with saving files (long post) within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi there, I am having issue saving the files onto my laptop hard drive - Not all the files are ...

Premium_Lager is offline Junior Member

Default Problem with saving files (long post)

Hi there,

I am having issue saving the files onto my laptop hard drive - Not all the files are transferring from the drive I am recovering information from.

I tick the box next to the folder containing the files, but for certain folders, none of the files contained inside will save/transfer to my laptop. Sometimes if I tick the boxes next to the individual files, it will transfer. Other times when folders do transfer, sometimes files within sub-folders will not transfer.

Any idea why?

Much appreciated
    Last edited by Premium_Lager; 02-23-2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Resolved initial issue - now I have an issue with saving folders containing files.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

No, no idea.

What does it say in the event log? Does it give an error message?
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Quote Originally Posted by GDH View Post
    No, no idea.

What does it say in the event log? Does it give an error message?
    After choosing the directory to save the files, I will click "OK" in the grey window, then the next grey window will say this: (This is an example)

"Saving of files finished, but 1 out of 0 had problems. (From 410 selected)"

In the 'Summary' section of that window, it will say there is 1 Unknown error. In 'Reports' section, it will say:

"Path: There is not not enough disk space on drive C:/ to save the file ..."

"Issue: Failed"

--------

I have 253 gig free on my C:/ - I'm simply trying to transfer word documents to that hard drive. I am unsure why it is saying there is not enough disk space. As I said before, the program transfers some files with no problem, but with others, especially ones contained within sub-folders, they don't want to transfer.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

mmm - seems odd - could it be a permissions issue? Are you running as administrator?

If not, save your search results using Recover > Save Search

Then restart as administrator and reload the search results and try again.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Problem solved.

A lot of folders contained a file, Recovered_File, which I needed to deselect, in order for the rest of the files in the folder to transfer. Apparently the Recovered_File in each of those folders is in excess of 2 terabyte in size - this is probably why my computer was saying there was insufficient disk space on C:/ to allow a transfer. I am confused as to where that file even came from, but the problem is fixed now and I can finally access my files.

Thank you for trying to help out.
    Last edited by Premium_Lager; 02-23-2011 at 05:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread