+ Reply to Thread

Recovering .mov and .jpg files

This is a discussion on Recovering .mov and .jpg files within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi! Just purchased the program a couple days ago and was able to recover many deleted .mov and .jpg files. ...

johng316 is offline Junior Member

Default Recovering .mov and .jpg files

Hi!

Just purchased the program a couple days ago and was able to recover many deleted .mov and .jpg files. They seem to be recognizing that they are the right size (660MB, 340MB, 1.9MB, etc), but once saved I can't open the recovered files.

I am running Windows 7, tried opening using Windows Media and VLC media player, but the files will not open in either player.

How can I recover these files so they are viewable? Is there a utility of some kind that I can use to fix the files?

Thanks,

J

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Change the extension of the .jpg files to .txt and open them with notepad. What do you see? If the file is blank, it means that there was a saving problem - e.g. your usb drive went to sleep before the files were saved and Recover My Files was not able to wake it up.

If you need further assistance, please send some sample files to support@getdata.com and we will take a look.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread