+ Reply to Thread

Search filtering by size

This is a discussion on Search filtering by size within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; This isn't really a big deal and I'm probably the only person who cares but... When filtering by size it ...

Sickboy254698 is offline Junior Member

Default Search filtering by size

This isn't really a big deal and I'm probably the only person who cares but...

When filtering by size it would be nice to have the choice between bytes and Megabytes. I'm usually running the search for files in excess of 150MB and it's irritating to have to do the math to convert that to bytes and then do the same with whatever size I cap the filter at. Also it appears as if there is no way to choose a minimum while leaving the max size unlimited. That may not be the case but nowhere on your support page, or help file, was I able to locate information that would lead me to believe otherwise. Like I said, it's a minor issues but filtering by size is probably the easiest way to filter a search for large files as well as large groups of smaller files such as pictures, etc. I can do the math to use the size filter but I would be surprised if more than about 10-15% of your other customers can.

Even if I can't filter the results the way I want I still love the program. It finds more files than any other Windows based program I've used and it's also the fastest hands down. On top of all that it's also the easiest to use and the only program I've used that allows file browsing during searches to the extent that Recover My Files does. Keep up the good work!

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. One of the new features in Recover My Files version 5 will be some greatly improved methods of filtering the search results.

Recover My Files should be out in early 2012.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread