+ Reply to Thread

Kudos for Recover My Files - plus a question

This is a discussion on Kudos for Recover My Files - plus a question within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Just joined the forum.... Sometimes I think I have too many drives on my PC. I did a boneheaded thing ...

TBoyd is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Kudos for Recover My Files - plus a question

Just joined the forum....

Sometimes I think I have too many drives on my PC. I did a boneheaded thing yesterday & wound up doing a quick format on a 1 TB HD instead of formatting a CF card reader! I had over 200GB of important wedding photos that some clients had yet to order.

I tried a free recovery utility that I had used before - when I accidentally deleted something. It did not help in this situation.

I frantically searched online & read many recommendations for Recover My Files. I immediately downloaded it & put it to work. It recovered everything as far as I can tell!

I do have one question -

After recovering the files to another drive, I found a LOT of exact duplications of the original files recovered. For example: an image file such as **103.jpg would have up to 6 duplications in the recovered folder - named **103_1.jpg, **103_2.jpg, and on up to **103_6.jpg. The same was true for .CR2 and .DNG files.

Can anyone explain? I used the automatic recovery method.

I can't really complain, as I am SO glad to have the files recovered, but I now have to manually delete all these duplicates.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated and I am glad you have recovered your missing files.

It is possible that you have duplicates because of the type of photos you were taking. Some of the larger professional file formats store additional files within the primary file (e.g. a JPEG within a TIFF). However, there may be other reasons, I would need to have a look at your drive first hand to come up with a better answer.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread