+ Reply to Thread

Opening recovered microsoft word documents...

This is a discussion on Opening recovered microsoft word documents... within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; After search my hard drive for my deleted files...which i didn't find because all my lost files names were no ...

aniba is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Opening recovered microsoft word documents...

After search my hard drive for my deleted files...which i didn't find because all my lost files names were no longer what i had named them they were all named as "$123resdw" or something like that so i had no clue which file was which, but none the less i recovered it hoping i would have access to the files.
    After i saved the recovered files to my memory stick i tried to open them and i was greeted by a message stating "File can not be opened because there are problems with the contents" which really made me angry!!!

The reason i bought recover my files was that a long time ago i lost a usb with work i used to have my computer but now i've lost the usb i need to get the files back!!!!

Please help to open the microsoft word documents!!!!!!!!
    I have soo much important work i need to recover and i'm getting less hopfully of ever getting it back!!!!

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

It does not sound like these are valid files. The best thing to do is to change the file extension to .txt and then open them in notepad. If they are valid .doc files then you should still be able to see some plain text inside your files.

It is hard to say what has happened in your case. It is possible that the delete file have been overwritten with new data and the contents of the files is destroyed.

If you would like us to take a closer look, please use the Live Support button in the top right hand corner of this screen to start a chat and ask for me.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

allenmark is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by aniba View Post
    After search my hard drive for my deleted files...which i didn't find because all my lost files names were no longer what i had named them they were all named as "$123resdw" or something like that so i had no clue which file was which, but none the less i recovered it hoping i would have access to the files.
    After i saved the recovered files to my memory stick i tried to open them and i was greeted by a message stating "File can not be opened because there are problems with the contents" which really made me angry!!!

The reason i bought recover my files was that a long time ago i lost a usb with work i used to have my computer but now i've lost the usb i need to get the files back!!!!

Please help to open the microsoft word documents!!!!!!!!
    I have soo much important work i need to recover and i'm getting less hopfully of ever getting it back!!!!
    I think you didn't recovered the lost Word file successfully. I would recommened you to recover it again using Stellar phoenix word recovery tool If the lost MS Word file has not got overwritten yet. Hope, the software will recover the file completely and you will be able to access it on your system.

ava_11 is offline Junior Member

Default recover deleted word file

You can also try this recovery software to recover deleted word file. This software will suceesfully recover your deleted word file.

You can also download and try the demo version of the Remo Recover (Windows) - Basic Edition tool.

Graham Smithwick is offline Junior Member

Post Search returned 8 recovered "*.doc" files, which could be opened in Word Pad and rena

What next? Are all other "*.doc" files unrecoverable or do i do a different search?

Quote Originally Posted by GDH View Post
    Hi,

It does not sound like these are valid files. The best thing to do is to change the file extension to .txt and then open them in notepad. If they are valid .doc files then you should still be able to see some plain text inside your files.

It is hard to say what has happened in your case. It is possible that the delete file have been overwritten with new data and the contents of the files is destroyed.

If you would like us to take a closer look, please use the Live Support button in the top right hand corner of this screen to start a chat and ask for me.

+ Reply to Thread