+ Reply to Thread

A couple of suggestion

This is a discussion on A couple of suggestion within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I've used Recover My Files on a couple of disks that have had issues due to power issues and have ...

digitay is offline Junior Member

Default A couple of suggestion

I've used Recover My Files on a couple of disks that have had issues due to power issues and have had success in recovering files however I've run into a couple of issues with a 2TB disk that I'm trying to get data off.

The time taken to search 243194 locations for lost data is about 5 days which I'm willing to wait however I have had a power cut and the computer decide to reboot for updates whilst trying to recover data.

I've got a couple of suggestions that I think would be very useful.

1) Provide an autosave function to save your search to another disk at intervals during the scan process

2) Provide the option to disable temporarily automatic windows update an rebooting.

I'd just had the software complete the main scan last night when I went to bed and it was happily identifying over 250,000 files which I had hope to move the critical ones off the disk this morning. Instead I'm starting right over again which is most frustrating

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. It is much appreciated.

In most cases in a drive recovery you never need to let the search run over the entire drive. If Recover My Files finds the file system records, then then search can be stopped and the file system will be rebuilt. There is a video here which gives an example of this:

http://www.youtube.com/v/pwOhxsAfDyw

If you do need to scan the entire drive, then you can do it in sections by clicking OPTIONS > ADVANCED > and putting a tick in the box for "prompt for start sector". You can then perform a search in c*****. If you want to save the search result listing for each chunk so you can reload it later, user "Recover > Save Search" and then "Recover > Load Search" to open them later.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread