+ Reply to Thread

hard drive

This is a discussion on hard drive within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; how do I access my hard drive from the hard drive enclosure? When I opened it on my computer, there ...

lannie012 is offline Junior Member

Default hard drive

how do I access my hard drive from the hard drive enclosure? When I opened it on my computer, there was only a folder that says recovery but there's nothing in the folder. I know there's files hidden somewhere b/c when I clicked properties, it says there's 27 files, 0 folders. Also, it says I used up 9 GB and there's only 2 GB free. so there must be files somewhere but I can't locate it. Can anybody help me out please.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data recovery

Hi,

Download Recover My Files from http://download.getdata.com/RecoverMyFiles-Setup.exe and run a Recover Drive search on the "hard disk" in automated mode. Do you see your lost files in the search results screen?
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

marktwin is offline Junior Member

Smile

Hi, all!

I have a very specific problem and, of course, I need an equally specific remedy. So, I was dumb enough to wipe my /home folder a few days ago. However, I haven't touched the HDD (an 80Gb drive of which 60Gb is a single primary partition mounted as /home) after that at all. So I'm pretty sure all the data is still there.
    marktwin

Jacy757 is offline Junior Member

Default Hi

Might be you changed its property as hidden . Firstly check out its property and change its property to visible. Might be this will solve you problem.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

If you run Recover My Files and scan the drive - do a "Recover Drive" search and you should find that the search results contain your missing folder. If you find the files and can preview them, then you can purchase a key and save them to another drive.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread