+ Reply to Thread

Missing Free Space on hard drive

This is a discussion on Missing Free Space on hard drive within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; One of my hard drives recently went down, so I decided to try out Recover My Files. It's a great ...

Elementlmage is offline Junior Member

Default Missing Free Space on hard drive

One of my hard drives recently went down, so I decided to try out Recover My Files. It's a great easy to use program. However, while writing the recovered partition over to another hard drive my computer crashed.

So, I decided to try again. I first deleted the files that had already been transferred over(RMF doesn't seem to overwrite existing files ). Once I had deleted the partially recovered partition, I then noticed I was missing about 70 GBs of free space.

I've added up all of the data from all of my folders on the drive, and I keep coming up about 70 GB short. Any ideas how I can fix this?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default data recovery

You must still have a large file on the other drive? Go back over it again and see what you find. Run a windows search for files over 1mb and also make sure you search for hidden and system files.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread