+ Reply to Thread

Recover my files cannot see hard drive

This is a discussion on Recover my files cannot see hard drive within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I have 2 hard drives (IDE) that I took out of what I thought was a crashed computer. It was ...

leahizhere is offline Junior Member

Default Recover my files cannot see hard drive

I have 2 hard drives (IDE) that I took out of what I thought was a crashed computer. It was working fine one night and the next morning....nothing. We had a storm.

I took the drives out and got a new computer, I have tried multiple ways of getting the information off the drives but every computer I put it in never sees it, I think one program I tried said it was RAW but I don't know what that means. Another program said it was drive 0, and I don't know how to get to drive 0.

I purchased an IDE cable to USB and it didn't work, then I bought an enclosure and tried to use it on my new computer and it doesn't see it.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks so much.

Leah

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Go to Windows disk manager (right click on My Computer > Manage > Disk Management) - what do you see? can you see the drive listed as a physical drive? (it will have a number - 0 is usually the booting drive so it will probably be drive 1).

If you can see it here, it will show a status? It may be RAW and could even be "not initialized".

If you see it, you should be able to download Recover My Files from http://download.getdata.com/RecoverMyFiles-Setup.exe and run a Recover Drive search on it to find your data. If you can see and preview the files in the search results screen then you can buy a key to save them to another drive.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Jacy757 is offline Junior Member

Default Hi leahizhere

It seems like hard disk crash issue, due to physical failure. Opening it, and trying to recover it by your own can create severe problem for you. So its better to consult data recovery experts and get back your important data.

+ Reply to Thread