+ Reply to Thread

How long should this take?

This is a discussion on How long should this take? within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hey, trying the product for the first time. Had a problem with a USB port on a Western Digital 2TB ...

ama332 is offline Junior Member

Post How long should this take?

Hey, trying the product for the first time. Had a problem with a USB port on a Western Digital 2TB external, and ended up losing 1.4TB of music, ******, and videos.

Now, after over 9 hours of recovering, it looks like I'm only an 8th of the way through the recovery. I understand I'm looking to restore a huge amount of data here, but I'd also like to be sure I'm not going to waste the next 3 days letting this run on my computer.

If you could advise me on how long it generally takes to recover media files, I would appreciate. Even a rough estimate given from experience would be a relief.

Cheers!

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

You can usually recover an entire drive within about 2 hours. Please follow the instructions and video here - you will see it talks about stopping the scan after the filesystem records number is high and stable;

Recover a Formatted Drive with Recover My Files v4
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread