+ Reply to Thread

Performed "System Update"... Lost Everything.

This is a discussion on Performed "System Update"... Lost Everything. within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I performed a "system update" on my laptop and once the "update" started performing, it seemed as though I had ...

BlueHiddenSun is offline Junior Member

Default Performed "System Update"... Lost Everything.

I performed a "system update" on my laptop and once the "update" started performing, it seemed as though I had been the victim of a virus.

Red windows and warnings began to pop up and my computer was telling me that my hard drive was damaged and my data was being lost.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't know many of the technical terms. I am familiar with computers, but I am no expert.

I tried to perform a system restore, and that seemed to get my system up and running again, but everything (pictures, music, Word documents) is no longer being recognized by the computer. It registers that there is a hard drive, but as far as files... there is nothing.

I have spent the last few days trying to figure out what to do next, so I have begun a "Recover My Files" recovery as a first step.

Is there anything that anybody would recommend or suggest that I do while running the Recover My Files program?

If any of this information is too vague, I apologize, but I will do try my best to be as specific as possible.

Any and ALL help is appreciated. Thank you.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Follow the instructions here to recover your files:

Recover a Formatted Drive with Recover My Files v4
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread