+ Reply to Thread

0 filesystem records after 2 days ???

This is a discussion on 0 filesystem records after 2 days ??? within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi my 320 gb Seagate portable drive has failed after battery died in my laptop. I have done a quick ...

stanmar is offline Junior Member

Default 0 filesystem records after 2 days ???

Hi my 320 gb Seagate portable drive has failed after battery died in my laptop. I have done a quick format( took 3 hours).
    I have downloaded RecoverMyFiles and used option Recover Drive.
    Now it is running for 2 days. It is scaning block 9,536,249 of 625,142,447 and have 342,485 unreadable blocks. So far it is showing FilesFound '4' and Filesystem Records '0';
    I had huge amount of documents, pictures, websites, software etc...
    What does those numbers mean?
    I will wait till the end, but as this thread says Recover a Formatted Drive with Recover My Files v4
    I should reach some high number after about 2 hours. I am really confused.
    Also I am not sure if the filesytem before was NTFS or FAT.

Any help would be apreciated.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

The "unreadable blocks" is the bad sign here. It means that your drive is not being read by Recover My Files or your PC.

I suggest you stop the current search and disconnect the usb drive.

Now reconnect it and go to My Computer > Manage > Disk Management and determine if your computer can recognize it at least as a physical drive.

You also need to go into the Windows Control Panel and check the Advanced Power settings for the drive - ensure that hard drives are set to "never" go to sleep and that USB drives will not go in to "suspend" mode.

Once you have this done and your drive is correctly seen, you should be able to follow the earlier instructions to run a Recover Drive search and find your files.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

stanmar is offline Junior Member

Default Data Recovery

Hi
    I checked everything and it all looks ok. It has actually finished today morning.
    The effect was that it showed me only one file called 'free space 2.5mb'
    And that was all.
    What I did was to remove drive from enclosure and connect straight through SATA cable to my desktop.
    I run the scan again. It took about 3 hours this time to scan the whole drive, but the result is exactly same
    Any more suggestion PLEASE or should I just forget about all those files ?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

From what you describe it does not seem like there is a proper connection between the drive and your PC.

Shut down the pc, check basic connection problems (cables etc.), restart and see if you can then see the drive correctly in Windows disk management.

Make sure the drive power options in the control panel are not set to power the drive down.

Then run a search and see what you find.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

aer01234 is offline Junior Member

Default same problem

I am having the exact same problem. But the cables all seem to be fine. Is there any way for me to retrieve my files?

+ Reply to Thread