+ Reply to Thread

How is it possible....???

This is a discussion on How is it possible....??? within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi there, Yesterday my laptop finished the complete format recover with great success, all my lost files where recovered! But ...

Frits is offline Junior Member

Default How is it possible....???

Hi there,

Yesterday my laptop finished the complete format recover with great success, all my lost files where recovered!

But then my laptop got a lockup and I couldn't do anything else as restart the laptop...

After restarting the laptop I wanted to perform the complete format recover again but it seems that the program don't find any data the 2nd run...

Does anybody knows what is causing this problem?

The ext.hdd contains allot of photo's which I really want to recover, so any tips, hints & info are very welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Frits

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

As long as new data was not written to the drive between the first and second search, then the results should have been the same.

It sounds like you drive may have disconnected itself so that it is no longer being seen correctly the pc.

What does it look like in Windows Disk Management? Does it correctly show up as a drive? what is the status?

What are the results of the second search?

If you are able to run a successful search, the firs thing you should do is to save the search listing to a file so that if this happens again you can just reload the search instead of running a new one. To do this go to "Recover > Save Search".
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread