+ Reply to Thread

Out of Memory?

This is a discussion on Out of Memory? within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi, I've recently started using Recover My Files to try and recover everything from my external hard drive that decided ...

lagerbreath is offline Junior Member

Default Out of Memory?

Hi,

I've recently started using Recover My Files to try and recover everything from my external hard drive that decided to go 'RAW' on me.

I've done a scan on it on more than one occasion and it finds the files fine, but when I go to save them it gives me the 'Out of Memory' error.

I have plenty of RAM in my computer and plenty of space on my internal hard drive and another external to save the files.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks alot

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

This sounds very odd. What version are you running? Can you please send a screens shot to support@getdata.com.

thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

SimonZLDN is offline Junior Member

Default Out of Memory?

I have now the same problems...I was running Full search...on Physical drive 0 it did the search on ) and went into searching NTFS Partition 1 , then NTFS Partition 2....found a total of over 20.780 files ...got all processed up to 18.000 files plus, used a total of over 95 hours and then got stuck into these 3 words presentation..."Out of Memory"...? no to waste the centenary hours used for nothing, I ried everything to remedy the problem or at least understand what it is to start with....nada, nothing, rien de rien...can you help...?

GDH

Default Data Recovery

A drive recovery should take about 2 to 3 hours. Even if you run the longest search, it should never take longer than 24 hours.

Make sure you are using the latest version from Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files or download directly from http://download.getdata.com/RecoverMyFiles-Setup.exe

Go to this page and watch the short "Recover Drive" video to learn how to recovery your entire drive:

Hard Drive Data Recovery: Data Recovery Screen Shots
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

HBTrainwreck is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Fustrated with this error bs

Hey everyone,

First time poster so please bare with me lol. I have the latest version of Recover My Files and i am experiencing this out of memory error. I am using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit edition and have 8GB of ram. I have tried to run the recover drive option on my 640gb toshiba 2.5' external 3 times and the error seems to occur at the same time and once i clicked ok it started to loop the error popup. So as you can see i am pretty fustrated at this point because it takes 3 hours to get to the "fail" point. I do not understand why this error is happening. I forgot to take a screenshot of my last attempt due to sheer anger of the situation i am in. I will run the test again however and will post a screenshot once the test has completed and i have some free time to post it up.

I would appreciate a response from an admin or mod as to a solution to this matter as i am quite fustrated at this point. I apologize for any indirected anger or if i have offended anyone.

Thanks in advance

Edit:

So i ran the test for the 4th time and this time the test finished but when i went to click on "lost file results" the out of memory error pops up once again.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...om/Capture.png
    Last edited by HBTrainwreck; 10-31-2011 at 08:10 PM.

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Please update to the latest version of Recover My Files, v4.9.4.1296 (live as at 2 November 2011) and it should solve your problem:

http://download.getdata.com/RecoverMyFiles-Setup.exe or from the Recover My Files website.

Thanks
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

Brew-man is offline Junior Member

I just purchased this and v4.9.4.1296 is what I have, and I have this problem too. One volume on the drive I was able to run recovery through getting the files, as well as saving the search.

The 2nd volume on the drive (which has about 1/2 the files both in size and number than the volume already done) gets about halfway into the filesave and gets the out of memory error. Trying to save the search also produced an error. The program is hung once the error happens.

I don't see any logs, etc., to look at to see what it might not be liking.

Win 7 Pro, SP1. i7 CPU 6GB memory

------updated original post with more info:
    Initial scan takes about 3 hours, and the failure happens (on save files) maybe 30 minutes in to that phase.

tried again, error when saving search is "Save of search unsuccessful! [stream error]"
    items: 251016 (122.66 GB)
    (added screen capture from rmon and the hung app)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Out of Memory?-rmf_hung_rmon_snapshot.jpg   Out of Memory?-rmf_hung.jpg  
    Last edited by Brew-man; 11-05-2011 at 06:06 PM.

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Can you please email the screen shots to support@getdata.com - thanks.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Please click on the Live Support button at the top of his page so that i can chat with you and get to the bottom of this problem.

thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

GDH

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

For the Out of Memory error when saving, it may be caused by the excess logging of long folder names. Please try the following.

1. Close the error message.

2. Save your exiting search results. In the top text menu click on "Recover > Save Search" and save the search results to a .rsv file.

3. Shut down and restart the program.

4. Load the search results "Recover > Load Search".

5. Click on "Options > General > Logging and change Event Logging to None.

Now try and save the files.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread