+ Reply to Thread

wid files?

This is a discussion on wid files? within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I am attempting to recover chat-log text files that got deleted because of uninstalling the program they was created from. ...

Bullwinkle is offline Junior Member

Default wid files?

I am attempting to recover chat-log text files that got deleted because of uninstalling the program they was created from. They was stored inside of the Roaming folder which was seperate from the program itself. When I tried a reccomended search, text files appeared as wid files but wasn't the old deleted ones I was looking for. Why did a txt file come up as a wid file and why can't I locate this file type when I type in the extension box?

Anyone know if I have a chance at getting these logs back? Or what kind of settings I should use to have the best shot?
    Last edited by Bullwinkle; 07-10-2011 at 06:44 PM.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Your best search to run is a "Recover Files" search on the drive letter for "Deleted Files". If the file system still has records of your deleted files, then they will be displayed in the search results screen with their original name and folder.

The file types that you select in Recover My Files are used to search for "lost files" (i.e. files there there is no longer a file system records. For each one of the types in the list we have reverse engineered the file format so that we know the structure and are able to identify the file by header, content and footer. We have not added wid files, so you best chance is if you can send three example wid files to us at support@getdata.com and we can see if it is possible to add them.

thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread