+ Reply to Thread

Outlook 2003 - Crashed during send

This is a discussion on Outlook 2003 - Crashed during send within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hi all, Today my manager was sending an email that was quite lengthy and outlook crashed when he hit send. ...

Mezari is offline Junior Member

Question Outlook 2003 - Crashed during send

Hi all,

Today my manager was sending an email that was quite lengthy and outlook crashed when he hit send. Upon clicking restart in the dialogue box when outlook resumed his email also did not return. The 'draft' version that outlook had saved was probably 10% of the length he had written.

Is it possible to recover what he had actually written from anywhere, or is it lost forever?

This is important as it's for a subpoena we're responding to and he's unsure if he can recreate the email with all the information he had placed into it.

I'm leaning towards the 'not possible' basket, but that really sucks if it's true.

Cheers,

Mike.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi Mike,

It is really hard to say if you will get this message back until you actually try and see what you can find.

You should make a copy of the Outlook PST file and use it as your data recovery working copy.

Then download Recover My Email from PST repair without scanpst. Repair PST files easily. and scan the PST file. You will be able to preview the messages in the search results screen, so see if you can find the full text of the missing email.

Good luck.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

martinricky is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mezari View Post
    Hi all,

Today my manager was sending an email that was quite lengthy and outlook crashed when he hit send. Upon clicking restart in the dialogue box when outlook resumed his email also did not return. The 'draft' version that outlook had saved was probably 10% of the length he had written.

Is it possible to recover what he had actually written from anywhere, or is it lost forever?

This is important as it's for a subpoena we're responding to and he's unsure if he can recreate the email with all the information he had placed into it.

I'm leaning towards the 'not possible' basket, but that really sucks if it's true.

Cheers,

Mike.
    In Outlook 2003 sometime when user tries to send or receive emails there may occur some errors. The main reasons for the occurrence of errors are some problem in the Internet connection or incorrect account settings of MS Outlook. "An unknown error has occurred" error message in Outlook

To resolve the issue perform following methods:
    10. Check Internet connection.
    11. Correct the account settings.
    12. Start Outlook in safe mode.
    13. Make new email profile.
    14. Remove questionable message from mailbox.
    15. Check anti-virus tools.
    16. Repair Outlook Express.
    17. Check that all SMTP email address in distribution list is valid.
    18. Examine correct firewall settings.
    In order to get back your data use repair Outlook 2003 PST file software.

source: http://www.repairoutlook2003pstfile*****

+ Reply to Thread