+ Reply to Thread

Estimated Time

This is a discussion on Estimated Time within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; I have already checked the FAQ section, but I'm curious concerning the time the recovery has been going for, and ...

Gomes is offline Junior Member

Question Estimated Time

I have already checked the FAQ section, but I'm curious concerning the time the recovery has been going for, and the amount recovered.

I understand that every recovery will be different (depending on what is being recovered, how much, specs, etc.) but mine seems unusually long.

Right now, I'm at 53 hours, and I have 328,829,586 blocks out of 1,953,289,975 blocks. This is at the recovery period. I know that there's a way to choose what type of files you want to recover but I was also wondering if it's too late to stop it now, and then choose.

Stopping mid-recovery:
    Will this effect the recovery process?
    Will I have to restart?

Also, it was mentioned in the FAQ to save right away. Does that mean to save whilst still recovering (the files that are showing up), or once it is completed?

Thank you in advance, for all your help.

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

A search should not run this long.

Note down the block number that the search is up to and stop the search.

Are you able to see your files in the search results screen? Do they preview when you click on them?

If not, please provide more information about exactly how your files were lost.

Thank you.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

My external harddrive had become corrupt, awhile back. Whenever I plugged it in, it would ask me to reformat it.

I sent it to this place called PC-TEK with the request to recover my data. Instead, they (despite having written down my demand) reformatted my drive. O_o (No comment on that.)

If I stop the search, will I have to restart from scratch again?

While it's recovering, I can preview the files - the jpeg images, I actually see the pictures. I can't save them yet though.

I will stop the search now, and write down the blocks. I'll let you know ASAP what happens.

Thanks so much for your time. I really appreciate this.

So I managed to save some files, but a lot of them are "unreadable" when I check them again.

The exe files don't work.
    Some of the jpg files are okay, but others can't be read.

What should I do?

+ Reply to Thread