+ Reply to Thread

Hard drive clicks and stops spinning!

This is a discussion on Hard drive clicks and stops spinning! within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Hello, my 1.5 tb western digital mybook external hard drive was dropped recently. When plugged into my computer, it spins ...

tl6768 is offline Junior Member

Default Hard drive clicks and stops spinning!

Hello, my 1.5 tb western digital mybook external hard drive was dropped recently. When plugged into my computer, it spins and click 4 times with a few seconds in between each click. Then it stops spinning after the clicks. Under device manager it shows the drive is recognized, and under disk management it shows that the drive is 2tb unallocated space. The drive does NOT show up under my computer though.

Running recover my data turned up nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Sorry to say, but a hard drive clicking noise like this is a sign that the disk is physically damaged. It is usually caused the the arm that swings back and forward over the hard drive platters whacking against its casing.

Your best option here is to contact a hardware data recovery service company.

Good luck.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread