+ Reply to Thread

Cant locate files after recovery

This is a discussion on Cant locate files after recovery within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Ok, so I had an issue on an external hdd and used the software to recover the data. It went ...

robdizzle2711 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Cant locate files after recovery

Ok, so I had an issue on an external hdd and used the software to recover the data. It went off without a hitch. All was really smooth until after the saving process I went to find the files and they werent there. I had my options set to not keep the file structure and to save at C:\. I have done searches on my hdd and none of the files what were "saved" are actually on the hdd. I have made sure all the settings in my computer are correct. I have it set to be able to see all folders and files, file extensions, everything. There isnt a file that can hide. The problem is that I have 2 gig remaining on my hdd because i recovered and "saved" 130 gig from the external hdd. I really just need to find a way to tell my c:\ that there really isnt anything there. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.
    Rob

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Data Recovery

Hi,

Make a folder on your desktop of your C: drive called "Saving TEST".

Now select two or three files in the Recover My Files search results window and save the files to that folder - jpegs that preview would be the best.

Once the save has bee done check the contents of the Saving TEST folder - what do you see? If there is a folder in here, then also check to see if a folder with the same name exists on your C: drive to see if the first save was also successful.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread