+ Reply to Thread

Recover Files from Deleted User Account

This is a discussion on Recover Files from Deleted User Account within the Computer Data Recovery forums, part of the category; Having just inadvertently deleted an unused user account (and files) on WinXP, I belatedly discovered some socially important files were ...

fay_pj is offline Junior Member

Default Recover Files from Deleted User Account

Having just inadvertently deleted an unused user account (and files) on WinXP, I belatedly discovered some socially important files were located there.
    Using RecoverMyFiles (latest version) to search C drive for all files (logged on with admin privileges):
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User" found (with files deleted long
    time ago)
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Peter" found (with files deleted long time ago)
    The deleted account
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Elspeth" NOT FOUND
    RecoverMyFiles returns nothing from this deleted profile.
    Does MS just do too good a job when deleting a user or is this a permissions issue?
    Is it possible for RecoverMyFiles get these files back, if so how?

GDH
    GDH is offline Administrator

Default Windows Profile Recovery

Hi,

It's hard to say exactly what has happened to your profile, but the best thing to do is to run full search so if it is located anywhere, it will be found. I would do the following:

1. Make sure you are using the latest version of Recover My Files from http://download.getdata.com/RecoverMyFiles-Setup.exe (at the time of this post the latest is: v4.9.4.1296)

2. Run a Recover Drive search on the Hard Disk (not the drive letter) in Automatic mode.

3. At the end of the search, look under Folder view for the profile folder, our use the FIND tab to search for it in the results.
    Graham Henley
    GetData Support Staff
    www.getdata.com
    www.recovermyfiles.com

+ Reply to Thread